- Crisp Rice vs. Rice Krispies. Honestly, I've never had a problem switching out the two. Anyone else?
- A few things to help the treats firm up a little (try only one of these at at time, and then combine tactics if necessary)
- Add more cereal. Start with 1 c. if that doesn't do it, add another.
- Add extra butter (butter here, not margarine). Start with 2-3 TBS, but more can be added.
- Cook the mallow/butter concoction 1/2 to 1 minute longer than normal.
- When refrigerating them, keep them uncovered to help them dry out a bit (but they really aren't going to dry out a ton in just a few hours, but they will dry out a bit).
- If they still come out sticky, when you go to cut them, butter the blade of the knife or spatula. That will help the knife to just slice right through and not tear the treats up as much.