The reviews are mixed, but it seems like many are able to get this to work. From the comments and notes by the author it seems like you need to do a few key things to get this, or any homemade cake really, to work.
- Use the right ingredients and measure properly.
- If it calls for butter, use butter (non-salted) NOT margarine.
- Make sure your scoops are level and your liquids are right. Even an extra 1/2 cap full of flavorings can make a difference in recipes.
- Spray the pan very well.
- Kristen, the author, suggests using a cooking spray that contains flour.
- Check your oven temperature.
- You can get handy oven thermometers for decently cheap to make sure your 350 is really 350.
- Test the cake for doneness before removing from the oven.
- Knife, toothpick, skewer, whatever works.
- Kristen said, "Check on the cake at 1 hour to make sure it's not browning too quickly on top. If it is, just place a piece of foil loosely over the top of the pan."
- Remove carefully.
- Let it cool for 20 minutes before trying to remove the cake from the pan.