- I got impatient and pulled the cake pops out of the freezer before they were frozen solid.
- I used wooden craft sticks instead of the candy sticks.
- The wooden sticks were way cheaper
- There was only one package of the candy sticks left.
- I don't know if this made a difference or not, but I used different melting chocolate than I normally do. I usually use Almond Bark, but this time I got the little colored chips from the cake decorating aisle in wally world.
- Let the cake pops freeze all the way. That will reduce crumbling and (I think) falling of the stick.
- Use candy sticks. The wood craft sticks didn't work well I think because of their shape (flat and skinny) and maybe cake just adheres to paper better.
- In the future, I'm going to just stick to the chocolate coating I know and love...Almond Bark. If I want different colors, I'll buy the candy coloring.