- Don't over crush the Oreos. You don't want a powder, you want chunks. Chunks will help it not turn out as much like a brick.
- If you can, melt the butter and marshmallows slowly on the stove. The microwave works, but a stove is better.
- Too much butter can make the end result more like a brick, so don't add extra.
- Place parchment paper on the bottom of the pan (I've become a parchment paper convert!). That will help make it easier to pull the bars out of the pan. Then either butter or Pam the paper.
- Butter or Crisco the spoon/spatula and your hands when trying to move the mixture from the bowl to the pan. This will help reduce the mess on your hands.
- Use Double Stuff Oreos (we hear these work better than regular)
- Mini marshmallows are easier to mix than the large marshmallows